Thursday, August 23, 2012

Math Foldables and Ideas for Journaling

    Here I am!!!!  Wow, the last few days have been crazzzzzzy around here.  As I mentioned in my last post, I was asked to change from 5th grade Science to 5th grade Math and I have since been scurrying around trying to get my "stuff" together. 
    First of all, I want to begin by saying I am LOVING teaching Math.  It is like being reunited with an old friend......teacher friends that have walked into my class even notice the difference in my attitude and enthusiasm.  Mental note, if you are feeling tired and weary.............change subjects or grades........mix it up a little, it will make a difference.
    I have accumulated (on Pinterest) a few Math foldables and ideas that I want to incorporate into my Math journals.  I linked every pin to the original author or blog.  So without further adieu:

 
This is a great idea that allows the student to create a spinner in their journal.  They can use this spinner for probability, fractions and possibly games. 
 
 
 
Time
 
 
 
 
I love this method of teaching elapsed time. 
We were working on this today.
 
 
 
 
 
Measurement

 
 
This is a simplified version of gallon man.  We cover these types of skills questions all year through the daily use of  Simple Solutions Math, if you have never heard of it you might want to  check it out here.  It is a  wonderful workbook that reviews various skills that they have learned up to ( in our case) the 5th grade.  They also have a version for Science and  English.  Love, love, love this resource.   
 
 

 
 


 
Mean, Median Mode and Range
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Angle Measurement

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Order of Operations
 

 
   Please, Excuse, My Dear, Aunt Sally
I love how this shows multiplication and division on the same step as well as addition and subtraction.  These steps are often taught incorrectly.  :-(
 
Be sure to follow these links to the original blog.  There are many, many more journaling ideas. 
Blog On!
 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to have you back! Thanks for the awesome resources. I will definitely use!
    Leah
    Learning 4 Keeps

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Christmas countdown banner